Fairfax County Economic Development Authority
Email to Jan Mul
The DRCC International Business Council’s mission is to promote increased trade, investment and job growth in the region, thereby increasing the use of one of the region’s key assets - Washington Dulles International Airport.
The Committee’s aim is to provide a platform for engaging in a global dialogue (“Global Virtual Exchange”) on economic and business opportunities and challenges. Participation on this committee will also entail planning of global events, which include partnerships with other international economic development organizations, chambers of commerce, embassies, international airports and airlines, service providers and, of course, international companies.
- Pre-COVID-19, the committee organized events, which were ‘hybrid’ in nature, i.e. with an audience, partly meeting in person in Northern Virginia, partly at other locations globally. The Committee was an early Zoom adapter.
- During COVID-19, the Committee pivoted to ‘100% virtual’ events. An overview of our successful events in 2020:
- Global Virtual Exchange: a trans-Atlantic dialogue on Corona’s Economic Impact and Recovery (DRCC with participation from the UK and Germany) – May 6, 2020
- Global Virtual Exchange: Korea vs US, a global dialogue on COVID-19’s Economic Impact and Recovery – June 17, 2020
- US-India Trade and Investment - New Opportunities in Life Sciences – July 16, 2020
- Global Virtual Exchange: Wine & Tourism, a break from the global dialogue on COVID-19’s - “Featuring Argentina, Chile and Northern Virginia” – August 26, 2020
- Global Virtual Exchange, Israel and US: Defense and Homeland Security Business Opportunities; Successful models of for Israeli and U.S. companies for collaboration in Virginia – September 15, 2020
- Global Virtual Exchange, UK and US: US -UK Free Trade Agreement; Facilitating Business Opportunities for companies in Northern Virginia and UK – November 18, 2020
- For 2021, the committee is working on a few exciting programs, which includes Doing Business with Vietnam, Business Opportunities in West Africa as well as ‘Smart City Opportunities Globally and Locally'
Every two weeks, Monday from 12:00 – 12:45 pm ET
Zoom - Check the calendar for details