Position Title: Front Desk Attendant
Location: Frying Pan Farm Park, Herndon, Virginia
Hours: 20 – 30 hours per week. This position generally works 2-3 weekend days per month, Thursday evenings as needed, and occasional weekday hours.
Salary: $15.00 per hour.
Overview: The Front Desk Attendant Serves as initial point of contact for walk-in and phone inquiries at Frying Pan Farm Park's historic Visitor Center, which is housed in a converted dairy barn. This position requires a self-motivated, independent worker with good interpersonal communication skills, the ability to multitask and remain organized in a busy environment, and the ability to prioritize workload.
- Welcome visitors to the park, distribute information, answer phones.
- Process class registrations, payments and contracts.
- Schedule facility rentals.
- Maintains an online SharePoint calendar for facility reservations and other commitments.
- Monitors rentals and ensures compliance with facility rules.
- Light maintenance as needed.
- Works special events.
- Performs administrative and research tasks as assigned.
- Training provided on the job.
- Must be 18 years or older and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds unassisted or 55 pounds assisted.
- Proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience in customer service.
- First aid and CPR certification.
- Multilingual (in English and other languages).
- Must be available to work the first weekend in August.
Note: This position may not exceed 900 hours per calendar year. Individuals in these positions are not eligible for benefits and are not eligible to earn leave or receive holiday pay.
To apply: Send your resume to [email protected].
Necessary Special Requirements:
- All newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (two weeks after the last required dose) as a condition of employment or obtain approval of a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. Proof of an exemption or vaccination status will be required during the pre-employment onboarding process. New employees who obtain an exemption from the vaccine mandate for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs may be subject to a weekly testing requirement. Vaccinated employees and employees with a medical or religious exemption will complete the attestation online on their first day of employment or shortly thereafter.
- The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background, Child Protective Services Registry, driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected] or visit us online.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.
Fairfax County Park Authority prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation, or military status in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.